Sunday, March 24, 2013

Speeding up weight loss

Dear Energy Lady,
I saw your earlier blog about gaining happiness to lose weight, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I can do to speed up the process.  My best friend is getting married in August, and I'm the maid of honor.  I'd love to fit into a size 6 dress!

Signed,
Trying for skinny

Dear Trying,
Let me tell you a true story that can give you another idea.  A friend of mine was always struggling with her weight, and she, like you, wanted to be a size 6.  She dieted and exercised, but nothing worked for long.  She'd lose weight, only to gain it all back.

Then one day she was at a seminar, and the facilitator asked each participant to select a partner.  So she choose someone she thought was a size 6.  But when the facilitator asked the group to hug their partner, she thought, "Actually, she feels a little bony to me."

Then the facilitator had them switch partners.  This time, she found herself with someone more "ample."  When she hugged this partner, she thought, "Ahh!  This feels much better."

Suddenly, she heard a question pop into her head:  "Why is it so important to me to be a size 6--esp. when I have to beat myself up to do it?"  So she stopped agonizing over every single thing she ate, and  exercised to please herself, not others.

With all her resistance to her own state of being gone, and with the love of herself clear, the weight started to drop off.  She lost about 30 pounds, and found herself at a comfortable size 10.

The point is that resistance of any kind lowers your vibration, which can contribute to the weight sticking to you.  So ask yourself:  why do I want to be a size 6?  Explore what you want and what you're resisting, and you'll likely sense where you've been blocked.  Remove the blocks in your thinking, and whatever else you're doing to lose weight will likely work better and faster.

Love,
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment