Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My thoughts scare me!

Dear Energy Lady,
I am really struggling.  I'm not doing well at my job, and I find myself locked in this battle in my head.  Sometimes, I'm battling my boss, who's not a bad guy, but I hear myself defending my poor performance and blaming him for stuff he did or didn't do.  Then I hear myself getting jealous of my coworkers who are making things happen.  Then when something doesn't work out for me, my thoughts start calling me a loser and a failure.  I know all of this is lowering my vibration, which makes it completely impossible for me to either succeed where I am currently or attract anything better.  On the one hand, I really want a new job--one that better suits my interests and talents.  On the other, I know that if I try to leave now, because of my vibrational state, the only thing that is likely to happen is either more of the same, just somewhere else.  Or worse.

Is there a thought switch I can turn off?  Or is there another way to raise my vibration?

Signed,
Scaring myself

Dear Scared,
I have been where you are now, so I know what you're talking about.   When you're too terrified to sink any lower and yet you can't figure out how to go higher, there are only two things you can do:

1) Stop.
2) Surrender.

If you try to fight not sinking lower, you'll just sink lower because that's what you're giving attention to.  And it's pointless to try to go higher when you're low, if only because you'll immediately feel your resistance bubbling up,  which only adds energy to the bad feeling.

But if, for just a single second, you can stop, the beautiful vibration you are can come out.  What do I mean by stop?  Stop planning your next move.  Stop talking about your thoughts and feelings.  Stop hungering for more or something different.  Stop berating yourself.  Stop blaming others.  Stop comparing yourself to your coworkers.  Just stop.  Stop moving around.  You can still your breath for a second or two.

When everything stops, peace can enter.  When it does, surrender everything--every thoughts, every fear, every limited definition of  yourself, every idea about what your future is, will or should be.  Just say, "I surrender" or "I give up."

Then be as still as you can.  If you're in bed, go to sleep.  If you're in your office, shut the door and just sit there for a moment or two (if you have a cubicle, you might want to find a quiet spot where you won't be disturbed).

Take a few deep breaths.  For this moment, you're ok.  Repeat whenever you feel you have more to surrender.  More and more may come up for a few days, but it's ok.  Think of it as taking out the trash from a very, very, very cluttered and tiny room.

With each stop-and-surrender episode, you'll lighten up.  It's hard to say when exactly you'll feel better, but at some point, you will, because you're releasing negative energy and allowing higher vibrational energies of love, joy and peace to appear.

You might want to say a prayer before you begin each time.  Something like, "I intend to stop and surrender my low thoughts to Love.   Please take and annihilate them so they are harmless.  I welcome peace into my heart and my life now."

As you start to feel better, start noticing what is changing for the better in your circumstances.   And when good feelings appear, follow them.  Eventually, you will be united with a better place where you truly feel you belong.  In that state, success must be yours.

Please stay in touch.  I'd love to know how things are progressing for you.

Love,
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment