Friday, January 21, 2011

Clearing the way for happiness

Tonight I'll share the true story of another woman in our Take a Load Off! class.  She was carrying around about 25 extra pounds, but that wasn't what was really bothering her.  "I'm a supervisor in a nursing home," she said.  "I love my job, but I hate it when some of my staff don't show up for work and I have to put in a second shift to cover.  I'm no stranger to long hours, but I haven't had dinner with my husband in ages."

"I see.." was all I said.

The next week, she came back with a huge grin on her face.  "What's up with you?" I asked.

"Well, I was thinking about what you said," she started (making me smile because I knew I hadn't said a word; she was just--or finally--listening to herself).  So I went in to my supervisor the next day and said, 'I want a demotion to being a floor nurse.  And since I'm senior staff, I get to choose which shift I'm on.  So I choose first shift.'  And ever since, I've been leaving the home at 4PM every day.  I've had dinner with my husband every night this week, worked on some projects I'd been putting off, and called our kids.  I've never been happier in my life.  And interestingly enough, because of my seniority, the pay cut is minimal.  We'll never miss it."

It was clear that she had taken a huge energetic load off.   Fullistically(TM), there are three ways to break through a stuck energy barrier:  1) do the thing you think you cannot do;  2) make a wish, including one from deep within your heart; or 3) change your perspective, and discover (likely) that what you were looking for is right where you are now.    For those who have difficulty meditating or releasing, Fullistic(TM) shifts are active ways to discover that you are more and can do more than you ever thought possible.

Tomorrow:  the son who wasn't in the refrigerator

No comments:

Post a Comment