Thursday, June 27, 2013

Letting love move through you

Dear Energy Lady,
I am a loving person.  Really!  I love my cat, I love my family and friend, I love my job, I love chocolate--I can name all kinds of stuff and people that I love and that make me feel really good.  Still, it feels like something is missing, because when I'm not with someone or doing something I love, I feel kind of blah.  Am I just selfish?

Signed,
Looking in the mirror

Dear Mirror,
No, you're not selfish.  In fact, you may be on the verge of being self-less, which would open you to the most wonderful, all-emcompassing love of all.

In the Jewish tradition, they say that after we die, God asks us, "What did you learn about love in your lifetime?"  And most people describe it as you just did--attached to people or things you enjoy.  There's nothing wrong with that, for, as Vincent Van Gogh once said, "the way to know life is to love many things."  But as you say, there is a limit to how satisfying that is, and for many of us, it leaves us craving more and more.

So if you'd like to experience love in a new way, try closing your eyes, putting the tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth, and smile.  Then put all your attention on the area around your heart.  You can even smile at your heart if you like.  See if you can sense a golden light there.  You might not "see" a light, but rather, feel a tingle or even experience a sound of some kind or an aroma that feels soft and gentle.  Everyone experiences energy in different ways that are unique to you.  Once you connect to a feeling that is pleasant, comfortable and/or makes you smile, stop thinking about it--just dive in and experience it.  Imagine that you just dove into a deep pool, and that suddenly, everything else on earth just falls away.  Ahhhhh!!!!!

If you have trouble doing that, then just keep sensing the light and letting it expand until it completely covers you...and then the room or place you're in....and then the town you're in...the state or province you're in...the country...the continent...the world...the solar system...and the universe.  Just let it keep getting bigger and bigger.  If you don't stop it, it will expand on its own.  Enjoy the sensation of this.

Eventually, you will start to realize that this light is love and that it's in you and everything/everyone else.   You may even start seeing light around yourself, or other people and things.  But even if you don't, doing this little happy exercise every day will likely make you feel much more satisfied with both the love you have and the love you are.  You won't need it to come to you, since it will be coming from you endlessly.  Just relax and enjoy the feeling!

Love,
EL



No comments:

Post a Comment