Sunday, May 22, 2011

Advice to make travel smoother?

Dear Energy Lady,
I have the worst luck when I travel for business.  Planes get delayed or cancelled, hotels lose my reservations or I get food poisoning from eating someplace my client thinks is quaint.  It's gotten to the point where I feel like throwing up every time my boss mentions that I have to go out of town.  What's going on energetically?

Signed,
Wish I could stay home

Dear Wish,
The energetic solution is hiding in the words you've used to describe your problem.   When you say you wish you could stay home, what you're energetically saying is "I wish I didn't have to go!"  In this latter wish is a lot of resistance, which disrupts the flow that makes things go smoothly.   Each delay or cancellation is another signal that you're energetically resisting the very thing you're doing.  So try this: the next time you have to leave, be honest with yourself and say, "I would prefer to stay home, but I also like my job, so it is important that I do this."  As you're leaving for the airport, add, "May things be fast, safe and easy for me and for all travelers."  Ignore the voice in your brain that contradicts this and instead, focus on creating and holding the feeling of well-being in your heart.

One other note: you made reference to traveling sickening you, and then it does, both literally and figuratively.  So try saying, "I can stomach this (trip, restaurant, whatever)."

Also: pay attention to what is going right, or at least to what is NOT going wrong during your trip.  That's what happens naturally when we do not interrupt the flow of energy with our thinking, speech, emotions or actions.

Happy trails!
Love,
The Energy Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment