Friday, May 27, 2011

A weighty matter

Dear Energy Lady,
I do all the right things for my weight--eat healthy foods, exercise, get enough sleep--but I have 5 stubborn pounds that just won't come off no matter what I do.  Any energetic ideas for me?

Signed,
My pants are just a little too tight

Dear Tight,
I once had a friend who struggled with her weight, and wanted to be a size 6 in the worst way.  One day, she was at an event where she had to hug a partner.  She chose a woman who was a size 6 (or at least, so she thought), and was surprised to discover that "she felt a little bony to me."  Her next hug was with a woman who was substantially larger, and she thought, "this feels more comfortable."

From that day forward, she decided to take her mind off her weight and put it on just living her life.  And you know what?  She lost weight without effort, because she was put her attention on her life, not on food. She dropped to a size 10, and has been there ever since.

So you stop focusing on the pounds and find ways to make your life a little "looser."  Either that, or speak with professionals who can tweak your diet and exercise just enough to make it happen.  Or, finally, buy larger pants and go have fun.

Love,
The Energy Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment