Sunday, November 3, 2013

I want more respect!

Dear Energy Lady,
I hate the way I'm treated at work.  No one respects me.  My boss won't give me any opportunity to advance, and I get cut out of key meetings.  At this rate, I'll never get a raise or get what I want in life.  What should I do?

Signed,
Overlooked

Dear Overlooked,
I could tell you that your boss is a jerk or that life's unfair, but from an energy perspective, that's not what's happening here.

You asked the question, "What should I do?"  In energy work, it's not what you do, it's what you are.  So the correct question is, "How can I BE to get the respect I want?"

First, you need to define what you mean by respect.  If you're trying to control other peoples' behavior, that's force, not energetic power, and it will backfire on you.  Trying to force anything basically says to the universe that your energy is NOT a match to it, which is why you have to manipulate it verbally or physically.  Even if it works in the short run (you get people to say "good morning!" to you, for example), in the long run, it's exhausting for you to keep up, and the response you're looking for disappears.

But if what you mean by respect is a feeling of peace, safety, trust and belonging, then start questioning your thoughts and beliefs.  For instance, if you get don't get invited to a meeting, stop interpreting what that means and just take it at face value.   Everything has the meaning we give it, so if the meaning you're giving it is making you unhappy and lowering your vibration, stop it.  Either don't give it any meaning at all, or give it an alternative  meaning, like, "they're meeting so they can plan how to include me in the next big project."  (But if you don't believe the latter, don't try to "think positive," as it will only backfire energetically.)

In other words, start respecting yourself by refusing to harbor and intensify hurtful thoughts about yourself.   And if you want an opportunity to advance, stop waiting for someone else to give it to you.  If it doesn't exist at your present company, just say to the Universe, "I'm ready to work in a place where I bring tremendous value and I'm respected for my contribution to the success of the organization."  Then keep your eyes and ears--and higher self--open to signals of where you might go or what else you might do.

In other words, no one is responsible for your low vibrations but you.  And if thinking of work just makes you more miserable, spend more time taking care of yourself in other ways.  If you want to feel good, start by doing things and thinking thoughts that make you feel good.  That alone may be enough to start changing your circumstances for the better.

And one more thing.  If you want to get respect, you have to give it.  So make sure that in your quest to be seen, you also see the needs and hopes of others.  Respect those, contribute to those, and you might be surprised by the progress you make.

Good luck!

Love,
EL

No comments:

Post a Comment